20 day trip covering all of the highlights of Peru. Small group tour company with guaranteed departures through to September 2018.
Inclusive of airfares cost is $10,995 p/p plus a discount of $500 p/p off this price if booked by 27 December 2017.
- Explore the Amazon Jungle from Puerto Maldonado, discovering village life, sampling local food and spotting wildlife
- Feel the magic of Peru’s Sacred Valley and the Lost Incan city of Machu Picchu
- Cruise across Lake Titicaca to the floating Uros Islands
- Tour the Colca Valley and its incredible canyons
- Discover the ‘white city’ of Arequipa and its beautiful buildings built from volcanic stone
- Return economy-class flights from Australia to South America (inc. taxes)
- Three economy-class flights within South America
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of tour
- All touring in air-conditioned vehicles
- Tipping made easy, $235p/p pre-paid
Accommodation and meals:
- 13 nights in good quality hotels (3½-4½ star)
- 3 nights in an Amazon jungle lodge near Puerto Maldonado
- 1 night stay at the Inkaterra Machu Picchu Eco Retreat (4½ star)
- 17 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 8 dinners, including group welcome and farewell dinners
- English-speaking locally based tour director (subject to a minimum of 8 passengers)
- English-speaking locally based guides
- Discover the wonders of Peru
- Discover the sights of Lima on a city tour and visit the famous Larco Museum, containing priceless Incan artefacts.
- Explore the Amazon Jungle from Puerto Maldonado, discovering village life, sampling local food and spotting wildlife. Visit beautiful Lake Sandoval and Tambopata Candamo National Reserve, and keep an eye out for the parrots, caiman and the endangered giant river otter.
- Take a walking tour of Koricancha, the Temple of the Sun, and enjoy the old world ambience over dinner at Casa Qorikancha restaurant, behind the Church of Santo Domingo in Cuzco.
- Explore the ancient Incan fortress of Sacsayhuaman followed by a visit to the buzzing San Pedro Market, selling all things weird and wonderful.
- Discover Cusco on a walking tour, visiting the 17th century cathedral and the beautiful San Blas neighbourhood.
- Travel into the magical Sacred Valley and visit the village Awanacancha to see locals weaving and meet the herds of llamas, alpacas, guanacos and vicunas.
- Stop in the small town of Pisac and explore the impressive ruins and lively market.
- Tour the town and fortress ruins of Ollantaytambo, then visit a house for a taste of local life.
- Visit a local chicheria. Learn about and taste the traditional chicha and try some of the local delicacy, guinea pig.
- Explore the patchwork of salt pans at Maras and the elliptical terraces of Moray before visiting the Seminario pottery workshop in Urubamba.
- Travel by Vistadome train to Aguas Calientes, gateway to Machu Picchu!
- Feel the magic of the Lost Incan City of Machu Picchu on an in-depth guided tour and enjoy some time to explore the ruins at your own pace.
- Spend the night in a nature retreat in Aguas Calientes.
- Travel by Vistadome train to Ollantaytambo. Continue to Cusco by road, stopping at Chinchero for a traditional weaving demonstration.
- Marvel at the amazing scenery travelling through the High Andes Mountains from Cuzco to Puno, on the shores of Lake Titicaca.
- Cruise out to the incredible floating reed Uros Islands, made entirely out of reeds from the lake. Then visit Taquile Island and learn about the unique traditions of the islands’ inhabitants.
- Make your way into the incredible Colca Canyon (the world’s deepest), via the villages of Patapampa, Chucura, Toccra, Vizcachani and Patahuasi.
- Visit the Cross of the Condor, the canyon’s deepest point, and watch the majestic Andean condors as they cruise over the morning thermals.
- Stroll through the villages of Yanque, Alchoma, Maca and Pinoholloand stop at the mountain terraces of Antahuilque to learn about the importance of the balconies and hanging tombs.
- Discover the “white city” of Arequipa and its beautiful buildings built from volcanic stone. See Santa Catalina Convent, Plaza de Armas, the Cathedral, the Church of La Compania and Carmen Alto viewpoint.
For more information contact us on 03 9600 1482 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org