EARLY BIRD OFFER: $500 p/p discount if booked by 29 September 2017.
Departures: 25 Feb, 26 May, 01 Sep, 06 Oct 2018. Cost $9100 p/p.
Mexico has more UNESCO World Heritage sights than any other country in the Americas; Olmecs, Zapotecs, Toltecs, Mayas and Aztecs have all left their imprint on the modern face of this fascinating country. This tour will show you this unique country from Mexico City to its turquoise blue Caribbean shores.
You will start in Mexico City. This Metropolis will surprise you with the grand scale of its central zocalo, enormous Chapultepec Park and world-class Anthropology Museum. The bohemian district of Coyoacan is a delight with its cobbled streets, terraced cafes and the Frida Kahlo Museum. You will travel through South – Central Mexico to Puebla & Oaxaca visiting the most wonderful places, with vibrant music and arts scene, colourful regional markets, world-renowned cuisine and the stunning beauty of the surrounding valleys.
Continue your travel to San Cristobal de las casas and the mesmerizing Sumidero Canyon. Visit traditional towns of Chamula & Zinacantan . Visit the most impressive ruins in The Yucatan Peninsula which yields a wealth of natural and man-made wonders- Uxmal, Kabah and Chichen Itza ruins are reminders of the heights Mexico’s ancient empires reached. You will end this beautiful trip relaxing at the stunning Riviera Maya
- Walking tour of Mexico City including the murals of Diego Rivera and Museum of Anthropology – rated one of the top 10 museums in the world
- Visit historical Coyoacan and the Frida Kalho museum, housed in her former residence
- Visit Teotihuacan pyramids, walk along the Avenue of the Dead and climb the pyramids of the Sun and the Moon
- Walking tour of Puebla home to the famous Talavera ceramics
- 4 nights in UNESCO Cultural Patrimony city of Oaxaca to explore this gorgeous colonial town. Including Market tours, a traditional cooking lesson and a visit to Santa Maria Tule
- Visit Monte Alban & Mitla Archaeological sites
- Stay in charming San Cristobal de las Casas and visit the Sumidero Canyon
- Explore the jungle swathed ruins of Palenque and the famous Chichen Itza ruins
- 2 nights to relax in Rivera Maya
- International & domestic economy class airfares & taxes
- Contours Travel professional locally based English-speaking Tour Director
- Unique hand crafted travel wallets & luggage tags made in Bolivia exclusively for Contours Travel
- Guaranteed fully escorted departures maximum of 16 passengers
- 19 nights accommodation in First Class hotels
- 31 Meals: 19 (B) Breakfast, 11 (L) Lunches, 1 (D) Dinner
- Expert English-speaking local guides
- Ground transportation in private air conditioned vehicles
- Exclusive Discovery Walks with your Tour Director
- Tips for local guides & drivers
- All entrance fees to local sights and national parks
For more information contact us on 03 9600 1482 or email us at email@example.com