Rob Dickens and I have put together and are running a music tour of the USA starting on 10 September 2018.
We have only two places left to make a total group of 10 people. If you have an interest in Americana, Country and Blues and Roots Music, this could be for you!
We’ll need to close off the trip soon, so would love to fill the last two places – land price is $5900 p/p based on a twin share – subject to availability at time of booking. You’ll then need to add airfares to this, arriving in Nashville and departing from Kansas City, which we’re more than happy to arrange on your behalf.
Full details from tour guide Rob Dickens:
The TriFest Music Tour 2018 will take in three weeks, three festivals and three States and visit many historically significant and unforgettable places.
The itinerary for our music journey is below. I (Rob Dickens) will be the guide. Having been to every festival and city/town that we will visit, I would love to share these places and experiences with you.
The tour is fully escorted, starting in Nashville TN for the Americana Music Festival and Conference, moving through Tennessee and North Carolina to Bristol TN/VA for the Rhythm and Roots Reunion and finishing off in Columbia Missouri (via Kansas City) with Roots n Blues n BBQ. The Tour is using the experienced services of Philip Osborn at Trans Otway Travel.
The full line-ups for Rhythm and Roots Reunion and Roots n Blues n BBQ are now out with half of the showcase artists announced for Americana Music Festival and Conference. A key part of the Americana event in Nashville is the Americana Honors & Awards Show at the historic Ryman Auditorium, one of the best acoustic venues in the USA. Those Awards will be presented for the best new releases and artists. All performers for these exciting events can be found following the links below.
Listening Through The Lens presents
TriFest Music Tour
10 September – 1 October 2018
- Nashville Tennessee 7 nights
- Americana Music Festival and Conference
- Americana Honors and Awards Show
- Knoxville Tennessee – 1 night stay
- Asheville North Carolina – 2 nights
- Biltmore Estate
- Bristol Tennessee/Virginia – 4 nights
- Rhythm and Roots Reunion festival
- Birthplace of Country Music Museum
- Nashville Tennessee – 1 night
- Fly to Kansas City Missouri – 2 nights
- Columbia Missouri – 4 nights
- Roots n Blues n BBQ festival
This itinerary is subject to minor alteration due to changing circumstances beyond the control of Listening Through The Lens.
- Experienced Guide
- All accommodation (incl. breakfasts)
- Full badge registration for all 6 days at Americana Festival
- An upgraded ticket to the Americana Honors and Awards Show
- One year membership Americana Music Association
- Tickets for all 3 days at Bristol Rhythm and Roots Reunion
- Admission to Birthplace of Country Music Museum
- VIP Whole Hog tickets for all 3 days at Roots n Blues n BBQ festival – some food provided
- Vehicle Transfers and flight (excl. checked bags fees) between Nashville and Kansas City
- Admission to Biltmore Estate, American Jazz Museum, Birthplace of Country Music Museum
- Tips, gratuities
- Transport during Americana Festival [we will have a perfectly-located hotel, most venues a 15-20 minute walk away – other options are Festival Shuttle (free), Uber and taxi (at own expense)]
- Transit costs pre-Tour and post-Tour
- Public gigs will emerge during Tour, at own expense, optional to attend
- Travel insurance (this is compulsory for all participants)
- Meals and beverages
- Additional transport required due to emergency situation
Testimonials from the 2017 tour:
“You were a wonderful tour leader – so well organised, quiet, kind, patient, considerate and knowledgeable – with so many interesting contacts and friends who clearly respected you and whom you shared with us. Each day was highlighted by the fact the activities, events, sights and travel were all so well sorted. There was no indecision or time wasted by us, perfect.”
“I now appreciate and understand so much more the road that the music has taken, what has and is involved in creating it, the differences in areas, the roles that family, community and conditions have played in its development, and so on. Music will never be taken for granted again.”
“We can never thank you enough for these experiences and the wonderful memories we have been left with. What a magnificent, trouble-free, well organised expose of Americana, bluegrass and blues music! We look forward to doing it all again with you in the future.”
To book the final two remaining places on this tour, please contact us on (03) 9600 1482 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org